Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.www.aavmc.org.
The following courses will satisfy the requirements for admission to most U.S. veterinary medical schools:
- Biology 111, 112, 205 Genetics, 259 Comparative Anatomy, 310 or 330 Physiology, 339 Microbiology
- Chemistry — Two semesters of general/inorganic chemistry with laboratory (Chemistry 125, 126, 135,136; or 140, 240). Two semesters of organic chemistry with two credits of laboratory (Chemistry 245, 246, 251, 252)
- Physics — Two semesters of physics with laboratory (Physics 155 or 165, 156 or 166)
- Mathematics — Three semesters of college mathematics (Mathematics 125, 126 Calculus I and Calculus II and 128 Elementary Statistics or 247 Statistics with Applications)
- English — Two semesters of English writing/composition (110, 210, 310) or any English literature course
- Biochemistry (BBMB 325)
Note: Requirements vary. Some schools accept Encounters as writing intensive courses for English. If you have AP/IB credit for Chemistry 125, Chemistry 240 is not required.
FAQs for Veterinary Medicine
What are some programs attended by recent alums?
Washington State University
Oregon State University
Colorado State University
University of Pennsylvania
How do I apply?
32 Veterinary Medical Colleges participate in the common application (VMCAS) administered by the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges: //www.aavmc.org/vmcas/vmcas.htm