Service Animals

Service animals are allowed on campus (i.e. in campus buildings). In the state of Washington, "service animal" means any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the individual's disability. 

Emotional Support Animals

Under the Fair Housing Act (FHA), a person with a disability may keep an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) in the individual's dwelling when there is an established need for the therapeutic nature of the animal that is connected to the individual's disability. An ESA is prescribed by a person's licensed therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrists (any licensed mental health professional) as a part of a treatment program for that person and is designed to bring comfort and minimize the symptoms of the person's emotional/psychological disability. 

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

If you have been prescribed an Emotional Support Animal and want to know how to register your animal, please contact Antonia Keithahn, Assistant Director of Academic Resources: Disability Support. All ESAs must be registered with the ARC. All registration information will be shared with the Residence Life and Housing Office, Campus Security, and Physical Plant Services.


For the Fall 2019 semester, we must have supporting documentation submitted to our office by July 15th, 2019.

For the Spring 2020 semester, we must have supporting documentation submitted to our office by November 15th, 2019.